Town Manager

The primary role of the Town Manager is to lead all Municipal Departments in supporting and implementing Council's direction and providing advice to Council on policies and programs. The CAO is also responsible for establishing administrative policies and procedures to ensure that the municipal organization is run in an efficient and effective manner.

Clerk's Office

The Clerk executes the legislative responsibilities under the Municipal Act and all other Acts relating to local government. The Clerk provides support and advice to the CAO and Council and assists with the overall governance of the Municipality’s policies, procedures and practices. 

The Clerk offers Commissioner of Oaths services. Certain documents require a Commissioner to certify that a required oath, affirmation or declaration have been administered properly. Our Commissioner of Oaths will witness the signatures of people who are affirming/swearing the contents of a document to be true. The Clerk will determine what documentation they will commission. If you are seeking these services you must visit the Municipal Office in person during regular business hours. Be ready to provide identification. 

To book your appointment to get your Marriage License please contact the Clerk at (705282-2420 ext. 2

For a fillable marriage application, click the link below. 

Marriage Application (Fillable Form)

Required Identification to obtain a Marriage Licence, each person getting married must provide:

Birth Certificate, including any change of name certificate, OR Valid Passport, AND an original of one of the following documents:

Record of Immigrant Landing, Canadian Citizenship Card, Valid Driver’s Licence, Ontario Photo Card. Please note: Ontario Health Cards and Social Insurance Number (SIN) Cards are not accepted for this purpose. There are no residency or citizenship requirements and neither blood tests nor medical certificates are required.

One or both of the applicants must attend in person in order to get a Marriage Licence. 

Applicants must bring the completed Marriage Licence Application Form, signed by both applicants, and all required documents to the appointment.

If you do not attend your appointment with the required information/documents a marriage licence will not be issued to you.

The Town of Gore Bay offers civil marriage ceremonies to any couple who is looking to have a simple, non-denominational ceremony held in Council Chambers.

The cost of the ceremony is $225.00.


The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), provides individuals with a right of access to certain records and personal information under the custody or control of the Municipality and provides for the protection of personal information collected, used and maintained by the Municipality.

You can make a request to access records or have information corrected by filing a request, submitting the request and the mandatory application fee of $5 to the Clerk.